- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 red onion
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes
- 8 red potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed hot red pepper
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Boil the red potatoes for about 10 – 15 minutes so they slightly soften. Trim the zucchini and cut into 8 chunks. Cut the peppers into 1 inch (2.5cm) pieces. Peel the onion, and cut into wedges leaving the root end intact so that the wedges do not fall apart.
- Thread the zucchini, peppers, onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms in equal amounts onto 4 large or 8 small skewers. Whisk the oil, garlic, oregano, and hot pepper together in a small bowl with a fork.
- Position a broiler rack 6in (15cm) from the source of heat and preheat the broiler. Place the kebabs on the broiler pan and brush generously with the garlic oil. Broil, turning often and brushing with the remaining oil, 10 to 15 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender. Serve hot or at room temperature, with any remaining oil drizzled over the kebabs.
We also cooked a side of quinoa as well. Serve with a red wine and it’s good to go! 😉