Experienced and driven community and social media manager with multiple websites and organizations. Skilled at developing and maintaining strong relationships with users, contributors, and colleagues. Strong passion for data, analytics, and constantly engaging others to build positive and thriving communities.
COMMUNITY MANAGER, Logitech
Newark, CA – April 2013 – Present
LEAD COMMUNITY MANAGER, NGMOCO:)
San Francisco, CA – January 2012 – March 2013
GUEST CONTRIBUTOR, LAUGHING SQUID
San Francisco, CA – August 2008 – Present
COMMUNITY MANAGER, GDGT
San Francisco, CA – January 2009 – December 2011
PHOTO SAFARI COORDINATOR, PHOTOJOJO
San Francisco, CA – October 2008 – February 2009
COMMUNITY MANAGER AND FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER, HIPSTERATE
San Francisco, CA – January 2008 – December 2008
SITE ADMINISTRATOR, GEOLOGY NEWS
San Francisco, CA – February 2005 – Present
OUTREACH ASSISTANT, SF-ROCKS
San Francisco, CA – September 2004 – December 2006
SURE INTERN, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EARTHQUAKE CENTER
Los Angeles, CA – June 2004 – August 2004
Schumaker, D., 2007, Environmental Conditions of the Tecopa Basin during the Pleistocene based on fossilized diatom assemblages below the Bishop Tuff, Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, Vol. 39, No. 6, p. 401.
Schumaker, D., 2006, Environmental Conditions of the Tecopa Basin during the Pleistocene based on fossilized diatom assemblages below the Bishop Tuff, Senior thesis, San Francisco State University, Department of Geosciences.
Lackey, H., 2006, Schumaker, D., San Francisco Bay Area Fault Observations Displayed in Google Earth, Eos. Trans. AGU, 87 (52), Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract ED43C-0948.
White, L.D., 2005, Gonzales, J., Schumaker, D., Williams, D., The Purisima Formation at Capitola Beach, Santa Cruz County, CA: A Deeper Examination of Pliocene Fossils, Eos Trans. AGU, 86, Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract ED43A-0845.
Schumaker, D., 2004, Mapping the San Gabriel Mountains Bright Spot using Local Events, SCEC annual meeting, Palm Springs, CA, Sept. 19-22.
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA – Bachelor of Science (Geology), 2006
Computer Applications and Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access
- Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Lightroom, and Photoshop
Apple Aperture, Final Cut Pro, and iWork
- Scientific analysis packages: Mathematica and MATLab
- HTML/XHTML, CSS
AWARDS, CERTIFICATES, CLUBS, and HONORS
- 2013 – Lithium-certified Community Manager
- 2013 – Mapping with Google Earth certificate
- 2007 – Poster presentation at the annual Geological Society of America meeting in Denver, Colorado
- 2005 – California State University Research Competition, Physical and Mathematical Sciences Finalist
- 2004 – Internship with Southern California Earthquake Center
- 2003 – Secretary of Geology Club at Cal State University, San Bernardino
- American Geophysical Union
- Geological Society of America
- Southern California Earthquake Center