Links from my Google Reader shared items to webpages and stories that I’ve found interesting for February 9th, 2009:
- Life In New York City Depicted In Legos –
- CO2 Skyscraper Scrubs Away Smog With 400 Trees [Architecture] – This is a good idea, except for the fact that previous research shows that high concentrations of CO2 have a negative effect on O2 production in various plants: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2002-05/du-eo051502.php
- Celebrating Obstructionism – So now, the Republicans are comparing themselves to the Taliban? Hmm. Blind faith, hatred of science, and oppression of a woman's rights. That sounds about right.
- Milton Glaser weighs in on Shepard Fairey's Obama Hope poster – While I generally like Shepard Fairey's work, as a photographer, I can't help but feel a bit slighted that he lifted another person's work without attribution. (And then, when people turn around and modify *his* work, he goes and sues them).
- Google's First Real Threat? Twitter. – I don't think it's a huge threat, but I definitely use Twitter Search a lot.
This is a daily list of links that is automatically generated from my Google Reader feed, based on items that I find interesting.