Here are some interesting links I found on Google Reader today
- The Average Internet User Spends 68 Hours Online Per Month [User Data]
- NYPD Has New Name for Hipsters
- RADIOBUTT is Getting Gay with Statistics*
- Free-Falling Art Of Li Wei
- Carl Sagan Auto-Tune (feat. Stephen Hawking)
- Are we too old to trick or treat? | Ask Metafilter [comment]
Wonderful anecdote from MeFi:
- Emoji Dick
- World's Largest Bridge to Stretch Over 13 Miles Long [Architecture]
- Did FlashForward just give us a major Lost spoiler?
- Beware the Bearsharktopus
- "What It Said" / "What It Meant"
- Dan Brown's 20 Worst Sentences
- Jedi accuses Tesco of discrimination
- Entire City Rendered In 3D Using Nothing But Flickr Photos [Visualizations]
- Google says Phil Schiller himself rejected Google Voice from the App Store
- Yo, God. I know you’re creating the world, and I’mma let you finish…
- Philadelphia To Close All Public Libraries October 2nd [Libraries]
- The British Counter-Example
- Charting Happiness
- Best Burger, Vegan?
– Pfft. I easily do that many hours every day
– This sounded pretty intriguing until I checked out the profile on KickStarter. Seriously, every word is being translated to Emoji. It’s impossible to actually get anything from it.
– I find it ridiculous that they can build a 40km bridge in 4.5 years for $3 billion, yet we’re paying over $6 billion (and counting!) for a 2km replacement that won’t be done for another 5 years.
– That’s it, I’m done going into the ocean.
– This is pretty awesome. I’ve always thought Dan Brown to be a pretty horrible writer. The stories themselves are gripping, but the way he writes has always bothered me.
– Hahaha! The response from the store is hilarious. Nicely done.
– WHOA! I knew this was Dubrovnik as soon as the video started playing (didn’t notice the name of the title). I wonder if any of my photos were used in this?
– 3-2-1 Fight! I love a good nerd fiasco. But srsly, Apple, WTF?
– Alright, the meme is getting old, but seriously, this is one of the funniest ones I’ve seen.
– This is horrible.
– Hah, two charts that I can live by.
– Lies. You can’t have a hamburger without the hamburger.